Iced Water Ballin Revival - The Podcast

Having made this blog in December 2018, virtually nothing has been done since except for a semi-pretentious introductory blog post. Turns out, setting myself up to write good sports content is not as easy as I thought it would be.

I want to change the idea of how I wanted to do this blog, from now on, this blog will not be a traditional blog. It will be a dumping ground for the scripts I plan to make for a podcast. Yes, a podcast. But why?

Since November last year, I have been working remotely as a Project Manager for a company called StartupBlink. It has been an extremely fulfilling ride since, and I wouldn't trade it for any job in the world at the moment. I feel like it was destined, I got the job in November, and 4 months later, the world transitioned into a work-from-home setup due to the Coronavirus. Thing is, due to the quarantine and not being able to see friends and my girlfriend, my life now consists, probably 80% of just working. Days go by just eating, working, and sleeping. Don't get me wrong, I am loving my job, and I am well compensated but I am also human, I need a life other than work. This is why I am setting myself up to making a podcast instead of a blog. I love to talk and feel like it's more human to talk to fellow basketball fans and have debates on various basketball topics and to have my voice be literally heard on a podcast rather than a blog. To all the sports bloggers out there, I completely respect what you do. It's just that writing on a consistent basis with good quality is not for everyone, and that includes me.

I know, this should be a place to find sports content, so why would I share that kind of information about myself, right? Well, I recently figured, to hell with it, I am doing this for myself and no one else. If I want to talk about my career, so be it. This is the whole reason of why I am transitioning onto making a podcast, simply because I am more comfortable in speaking rather than just writing all my thoughts. I won't bother if I don't get views or any more incentives from this podcast or blog I'm about to do because this is just going to be my way of destressing after a long week of work, something I do on an uneventful Sunday.

See, rereading this, in my head, I sound so serious, and trust me, I'm not. This further solidifies my belief that a podcast is really for me. I can say "HAHAHA" on a blog-post, right? 

Anyway back on topic, my podcast is sort of in the works. I am looking into how this all comes to play for podcast beginners. Thank God for YouTube. I've downloaded Audacity, plus bought a decent USB microphone, and a headset is on its way here. I'm pretty excited to do this thing. To those of you who have tips on how I can do this, please let me know.

The next step would also to probably write a script for my first podcast. I promise I won't have another over 1-year hiatus after this blog post (pretends anyone read that first one). We'll see If I have the energy this week, but given my excitement, I will.

To my millions of readers, thank you, and stay tuned for the podcast, which I hope you all enjoy.

Best,
Martin from Iced Water Ballin'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLM in the NBA - A List of NBA Players Who Have Joined Protests

The Philippine Basketball Association: An Analysis